Monday, October 24, 2016

PDQ + The Farm + Augusta

We had a good and pretty busy weekend.  On Saturday, Rachel and Rebecca both had games. I took Rachel to tennis, watched Rebecca's soccer game and then back to get Rachel. We went home to change and then to church for the Fall Festival.  It was fun, but super windy and the girls are getting older.... I think maybe it was our last year to go.  We met my parents to see a movie and went home to go to bed!

Sunday, we went to church and then I decided we were going to go on a little Sunday afternoon car ride. I had heard about a restaurant called PDQ and I wanted to check it out. The nearest PDQ is in Evans GA ( which is just outside of Augusta, GA).I googled and found a pumpkin patch/dairy farm nearby and decided we would make a day of it.

We all agreed that the chicken was good!! It is probably a good thing
that PDQ is far away or I could go there a lot. PDQ stands for
"people dedicated to quality".
Then we drove to Steed's Dairy Farm for some fun.
Steeds used to be just a dairy farm, but over the years they have expanded and
at fall time they do the corn maze/pumpkin patch/hayride kind of thing.
It was very similar to Washington Farms, but smaller and less people.
We learned how they milk cows these days--interesting.
We all tried our luck at the corn cannon.
We briefly wandered through the corn maze. It was pretty
beat up and I am not a huge fan of the corn maze.
Trying to rope a cow. It is harder than it looks.
We took the mandatory hay ride and the girls also did a little zip line.
I made them sit still and smile for a picture :)

After the farm, I checked the map and we were about 15 minutes from Augusta.
I don't know a lot about the town, but I knew there is a river walk area, so I
decided we needed to go take a look.  We have never been to Augusta, and I
wasn't sure if we would be back, so I tried to make the most of the opportunity.
The Savannah River
Augusta has a long history. We learned it was founded in 1735 by the
British. They they used the river for transportation and trading goods.
We were able to see Saint Paul's Church. It was the first church in
Augusta and founded in 1750. The cemetery has many famous
people buried in it. Some of the gravestones had dates
from 1815 and older.
It was a good weekend and a good day!
Ready for the new week.










No comments:

Post a Comment