Monday, August 8, 2016

First Day of School 2016

The girls headed back to school this morning. I have mixed emotions about it all. I just love summertime so much and this summer went by way too fast. But back to school is good.. more of a routine.

Last Thursday, both of the girls had open house at the schools. Rachel was up first.
I took a few pictures at school, but she was not happy about it. We met all her teachers and
saw many of her friends from 6th grade. I think it will be a good year for Rachel!

Rebecca meeting one of her teachers, Mrs. Cannon.

I haven't blogged about it, but we made a decision to switch Rebecca to a
different school for 2nd grade. Way back in kindergarten, Rebecca was
really struggling.... it turns out that Rebecca has dyslexia.
We found a wonderful school that is specifically for students with
dyslexia and made the choice to send Rebecca. I am so proud
of her. She has handled it all with lots of grace and confidence.
2nd grader
So today, Rebecca was the first one to go to school. We took a few
"first day of school pictures".
The new school is about 15 minutes from our house. We got there
a little early today and just waited our turn in the car rider line.
She jumped out of the car and marched right in.
I made it back in time to see Rachel off to school at the bus stop.
7th grader
I made Rachel wake up early, so I could get pictures of
her and Rebecca together :).
BFFs.
Daniella and Rachel.
All the kids socializing and waiting for the bus.
Off they went!
I prayed for the girls, neighbor kids, and teachers. I believe it
will be a good school year.











No comments:

Post a Comment