Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Weekend


We have had a good weekend. Raphael and the girls took a quick trip to SamClub, so I thought I would post a few pictures

I haven't been blogging much lately because life has been busy and because my favorite website for editing pictures, Picnic, went out of business on April 19th. I knew it was coming, but it was kind of sad and it has been frustrating to find a new site that I like as well, so the pictures have been sitting in my camera. And then Blogger just changed the look of their website and it is kind of tricky to figure out the new format, so I have been lazy and not  blogging. Hopefully, I am back on track again!

So here was the weekend. The Lord blessed us with beautiful weather! Sunny skies and no humidity, so we took advantage of it and spent a lot of time outside. I planted the garden and Rebecca "helped" me a little bit.  We have strawberry plants for the past few years and I haven't been getting too many berries this year. This weekend I discovered why---Lola! I saw her eating the strawberries. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it myself. And then she started digging up the the plants. Raphael put up a little fence to slow her down.


I planted a blueberry bush last spring and it looks like we might get some blueberries soon.


Raphael was working on cleaning up the yard and a few other projects. We kept Rebecca busy with the garden hose and a few toys. She had the best time and was very content and happy.


We did a little landscaping work in the front of the house. Raphael trimmed the hedges and we relocated some to the backyard. The shrubs in the front were just getting too big and crazy. It looks a lot better now.


After living here almost six years, the time came to fix the fence and deck and then paint. Raphael has worked hard and got it done. Now it looks really nice and hopefully will last a long time.


We roasted marshmellows, played in the yard and this morning we ate breakfast outside on the deck. After church we grilled steaks and had corn on the cob. Rebecca finally tried a piece and loved it! She ate three pieces of corn.


That is about it! Great weekend with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment