Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

Ever since Raphael and I had our first house, I have loved working out in the yard. Planting flowers and pulling up weeds. I have always wanted to plant a vegetable garden,so I decided to give it a try this spring.
We have a spot by our swingset that is just bare dirt and weeds. I figured that would be the easiest place to set up my garden and it gets lots of sun too.

                                                           
                                        
I bought a raised garden kit and set it up and filled in with dirt. Rachel and I went to Walmart and bought some vegetables and herbs. I planted our little seedlings a few weeks ago, and so far, so good. Rachel "watered" the garden tonight. Which really was her spraying water everywhere and jumping in puddles with her rainboots on-ha!                                
We planted tomato,cucumber, cilantro, basil,strawberry plant, green pepper and parsely.  I am crossing my fingers that we manage to grow something out there this summer!

                                                                              


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment