Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Peachtree Road Race 2016

Last year, I ran the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta for the first time. It was a crazy race due to the rain and weather delay, so I decided to run it again. 
I learned last year, that the Race is a lot of "hurry up and wait."
This year, I rode with my friends Jamie, Mary and Candy. Jamie's boyfriend
drove us, so we were able to skip the MARTA ride which was great!
All the ladies!
Before the race and ready to go.
We waited for our wave to start running and did a lot of
people watching.
I tried to get a few pictures while I was running along.
There are so many people out to cheer on the runners.
Many of the churches and businesses on the route provide water.
This is one of the most popular and well known pit stops.
The church sprays holy water and a priest will sprinkle you
with the water too.
Crazy guys!
There is a huge assortment of people, all shapes and sizes, and
so many dressed up in red, white and blue.
It was a typical July morning- hot and humid. I stopped at
each water station to stay hydrated.
Finish line!!
The Race ends at Piedmont Park and then you walk to get your
Race t-shirt.
I had a much better time than last year. I finished with a
time of 1:11:47.
At home and in my shirt!
Glad I was able to go, it is a fun race for sure.







No comments:

Post a Comment