Sunday, July 5, 2015

Independence Day 2015

We had a good 4th of July this year. It started off a  bit rainy, but the sun came out and we had a nice day to celebrate.  I was up early to run in the Peachtree Road Race. It is a 10K race that is held in Atlanta every fourth of July. I will blog about it later, because it was an interesting morning.
                                                        Michelle, Mary and Me --ready to go!

After I came home from the race, we started setting up for our friends coming over. Raphael had several coworkers whose families are out of town, so we had them over for BBQ and just hanging out. I didn't take a lot of pictures from the day................
                                              Rebecca was ready in her red, white and blue!
                                                             
After dinner, the guys played dominos, the girls watched a movie and I took a cat
nap. My early morning had caught up with me :)
My Peachtree t-shirt. Everyone that runs and finishes the Peachtree Race,
gets a special t-shirt instead of a medal.
It was finally dark enough for fireworks.
We are hoping the weather cooperates, and we can go to Stone
Mountain tonight for a big firework show there. Trying to fit in all the
4th of July fun we can!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment