Friday, January 24, 2014

Photos from my Phone Friday

Thankful it is Friday! It has been a crazy week. I haven't snapped too many photos lately, but a few from the phone of what has been going on around here.
It has been a rainy fall and winter.
 I have been miserable with wet shoes and feet, so I finally bought some rain boots.
Sunrise.
We have been reading The Pigeon books lately. Rebecca loves them.
Birds of a feather, flocking together.
I like watching the birds at the backyard birdfeeder.
Rebecca had fun at a gymnastics birthday party.
Last Saturday, Raphael was injured playing racquetball.
His Achilles tendon has a tear, so he gets to wear a boot to help it heal.
 
Yesterday afternoon, I was at playgroup with Rebecca. Several neighbors called to tell me that our neighbors house was on fire. Rebecca and I headed home and found this scene.
 
Turns out, a distant neighbor was burning some material in their backyard and it got out of control. The weather has been super windy and the fire travelled to two of our neighbors homes. It burned their yards, burst a window and was moving inside.
 
There were three fire trucks and they all had hoses hooked up to the fire hydrant in our front yard.
They managed to get the fire out and no one was injured. The fire came within about fifteen feet of our house.  Beyond grateful for all the fire men working so hard in the wind and cold weather to get the fire out. I did my best to stay calm and not freak out the girls, but my heart was beating fast.
Still kind of in shock over it all. I talked with my neighbor and she showed me the damage to their house. I was impressed with how calm she was. The girls and I have been praying for her and her husband. Keep them in your prayers!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment