Sunday, June 2, 2013

Surprise!!!

For the past few months, Raphael and I have been keeping a secret from the girls..... my parents were coming to visit us! We haven't seen each other for a long time and we knew the girls would be so excited to see their Nana and Papa. The last few days before they came, I almost spilled the beans a few times.
The girls in their new pajamas.
My parents flew in Friday evening and Raphael was picking them up from the airport. Friday seemed like a really long day to me. We had our usual Friday night movie and popcorn and then I took them to the front yard to play and enjoy the evening. I had told Rachel that her Dad was bringing home a surprise for her birthday.
       I called Raphael and he said they were just a few minutes away, so I had the girls sit on the steps.
When my parents got out of the car, it took a few seconds for the girls to figure out what was going on!
"I like to see people reunited, I like to see people run to each other, I like the kissing and the crying,
I like the impatience, the stories that the mouth can't tell fast enough,
the ears that aren't big enough, the eyes that can't take in all the change,
I like the hugging, the bringing together, the end of missing someone."
 
                                                                     Jonathan Safran Foer


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment