Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend 2013

We had the most beautiful weather for Memorial Day weekend. We had a lot going on around here, so here are some pictures from the past few days.

On Friday evening Rachel went to a swim party and sleep over with her friends from AWANA. She wanted to try out the sleeping bag before she left. It was Rachel's first sleep over and she and I were both a little nervous.
    She had a great time and they stayed up until one in the morning watching movies and talking.
I thought it was sweet that pretty much every girl there had brought along stuffed animals. Rachel and her friend Elizabeth have been in AWANA together since they were three years old.
Saturday evening we went to a birthday party for a friend, Michael, at Stars and Strikes bowling alley. We did bowling and played video games. Then over to Michael's house for food and cake.                                                            Michael the birthday boy.

Sunday morning I was up bright and early for my last long run on my training schedule. I ran at Little Mulberry Park and the views were beautiful. I stopped several times to take pictures.
Sunday afternoon we went over to our friends- John and Patria for lunch.
                                                                   Abbey, Fatima, Patria and Raphael.

                                                     Maureen, Jamie, Mary, Michelle and me

For Memorial Day our town has a parade every year and before the parade is a 5K race, so my friends and I did a little running. It was my first 5K and I finished in 28:39. This man ran the race in firefighter gear, pretty impressive!

                                                   After the race we all sat together and took in the parade.
                                                                   Rebecca, Meghan and Rachel
 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment