Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Days of our Lives

Several of the blogs I read will do a "day in the life" post now and again, and I have always wanted to give it a try. So I decided yesterday was good day--our days tend to flow one into the other and I hope this helps me remember what we were doing when the girls were four and eight.

4:45a.m- my alarm goes off and usually I get up and change into my exercise clothes. I go to our basement and work out. I tend to do either an exercise DVD- Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper or I will run on the treadmill. I chose to do a new Jillian DVD and it was hard!

I exercise from 5 a.m. until 6 and then upstairs to get a shower and dressed before Rachel wakes up for school.

6:30a.m.-Rachel gets up for school and I start making breakfast for her and myself. I help fix her hair and make sure she has all her homework for school ready to go in her backpack.

7:20a.m- we leave for the bus stop.
7:30a.m to 8:45 a.m.- Rebecca and I are back home and I start fixing her breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen. I try to watch a little bit of the Today Show so I know what is happening in the world and
I will play with Rebecca if she asks me to.
At Rebecca's preschool they are working on how  to use scissors and the girl is obsessed with cutting paper. She spent at least thirty minutes cutting paper and coloring. I get her changed and ready for the day and we leave the house by 8:50 for preschool.
9 a.m.- waiting in the carpool line for preschool drop off to start. We sit and chat and look at the birds outside and that sort of thing. Generally after I drop her at preschool I will run errands or go to the park to run.

10a.m. to 11a.m.--I had a doctors appointment. And then I stopped by the book store and headed home.

12noon to 12:45p.m.-- I ate lunch and did my quiet time.

1:00p.m.- back in the car to pick Rebecca up from preschool.

1p.m to 3p.m.--after preschool Rebecca and I usually come home and talk about her day. She likes to show me her work from school and have a snack, We will play, read books, I try to get some cleaning or laundry done. Yesterday we met some friends at the park for a play date!
3:15 p.m. -we are the bus stop to pick up Rachel and I took the girls for haircuts.
4p.m. to 5p.m.- haircut time with Ms. Gwen
Gwen has some toys for the kids and Rebecca dressed up a little.
5p.m.- if we are home, this is homework time and I am working on fixing dinner.
Since the girls had an appointment and Raphael was coming home late, we went to the mall and had a dinner out at Chilies' per Rachel's request!
And of course we had to ride the merry-go-round at the mall!
6p.m.- we were back home and I packed lunches for the girls to take to school the next day and then upstairs for a quick bath.
After bath is ice cream for dessert!
7p.m.- Bedtime for Rebecca.
 I read her stories, we sing, she brushes her teeth and then we say her prayers.
While I am with Rebecca, Rachel usually plays on the Wii or reads a book.
7:30 to 8:00p.m.- Rachel and I spend time together doing a game or talking or whatever she likes. Sometimes she just wants to go to her room and play with her toys before bed.
 
8p.m.- I go to Rachel's room and start to get her towards the bed. She picks out her clothes for the next day and brushes her teeth. We review her Bible verses for AWANA and then read together.
Right now we are reading the Tale of Desperaux the mouse.
8:30p.m.- my hope is by this time Rachel is in her bed and at least trying to fall asleep. She has been staying up later than I like. I will go check on her and finding her reading a book.
I will check on Rebecca and this is what I see most of the time.
8:30p.m. to 10p.m.- if Raphael is home, we sit and talk or watch a show together. Sometimes we are both in the office working on the computers. I use this time to check emails,blog, do little things around the house and try to stay awake until ten.
10p.m.- My bedtime. I like to stay up later, but my early mornings need me to get to bed at a reasonable time.
 
And that is our day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment