Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Disney World

We got back from our Disney cruise on Saturday night and I am sifting through thousands of pictures to figure out what to keep and what to delete before I try and narrow down pictures to post on here.

Raphael and I had talked about stopping in Orlando on our way home from Miami for a day and taking the girls to Disney World, but we weren't sure it would work out. We were able to make it work and surprised the girls with a day at Disney.

The last time we were at Disney World, Rachel was four years old and I was six months pregnant with Rebecca. Our visit this time was fast and furious, but we had a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun.
We had told the girls we were going to go "sight seeing" and then let them figure it out when they saw the Disney World sign. Rachel was so excited and Rebecca had no clue what was going on.
 We started in Animal Kingdom for a couple of hours and had a picture with Pluto and Goofy. Since we just had one day, we didn't spend much time waiting in lines for pictures with all the Disney characters.
Raphael and Rachel rode the dinosaur roller coaster and I stayed with Rebecca on the calmer rides.
Rachel on the bus from Animal Kingdom to the Magic Kingdom. We spent the rest of the day in the Magic Kingdom trying to see as much as we could.
                                                                 The castle from Main Street.
There was a HUGE crane over the castle because they were doing maintenance work on the castle, so kind of ruined the castle photos.
          Of course, Rebecca needed a stuffed animal and sunglasses, so we did a little shopping.
I told Raphael that I wanted to try and get to all the more classic rides and we managed to ride Dumbo, the teacups, Peterpan, the flying carpets, it's a small world and the carousel. We also checked out the new Ariel ride in Fantasyland. It was really cute and the lines moved quick all day.
One last picture with the castle and then time to go to the hotel.
We had started out at Animal Kingdom, so that is where we parked. That park closed at 7p.m., so by the time we got there it was close to 11p.m. and we were the only people on the bus and one of the only cars left in the parking lot. After a long day of walking and the everyone was getting tired, we spotted a wheelchair and used it to push the girls in it to the car.
Fun day and lots of memories made!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment