Monday, October 3, 2011

Weekend Highlights

I meant to blog yesterday, but we are all feeling a little under the weather and all I wanted to do last night was go to bed and sleep forever. So here are our weekend events. We had a good weekend.  Saturday, Raphael worked on the yard and I took the girls to a little carnival near our house.


                     We rode the train, jumped in bounce houses and played carnival games.


There was a game- "throw the ball and dunk the guy in the water". Rachel wanted to try her luck. She had three balls to throw and she dunked the guy twice! I think he was pretty surprised. I felt bad for him, because it was a  windy and cool day. I am sure he was freezing.



After the carnival we went to Wendy's for lunch.  There was a mom with her two girls sitting next to us. Rebecca was fascinated by the younger girl and kept talking to her.


Other big news around the house is that Rachel finally learned how to blow bubbles with bubble gum!


And Rebecca is in love with her Dora sneakers. She wants to wear them everyday and calls them her "strawberry sneakers". I don't know where the name came from, but she is sticking with it.


Sunday we went to church. Our pastor is doing a series about culture and how it shapes our lives and faith. And how we can use our faith and lives to shape our culture- it has been a great series. They showed the funniest video on Sunday.  I wish I could figure out how to get it on here, but my computer skills are lacking. After church, Rebecca and I napped and Raphael went to see The Lion King with Rachel.

Today and tomorrow Rachel is out early for parent-teacher conference. I met with her teacher today and so far second grade is going well.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment