Friday, March 26, 2010

What was I doing...?

All this week I have been asking myself  "what was I doing this time last year?"  Last year this week, I was very, very pregnant with Rebecca.  On this date last year, I went to my O.B. for a checkup, I didn't know it at the time, but it was to be my last! Our sweet baby was born just four days later.

 I know that I was feeling uncomfortable, couldn't sleep, anxious to meet our little girl.  I also remember, thinking to myself to savor and try to remember all of this, especially the feeling of her moving and kicking around, because pretty sure this was going to be our last baby. I tried imagining what she was going to look like, wondering how much she would weigh, praying that delivery would go well and she would be born healthy.  Thanking the Lord for the miracle growing inside of me.

Rebecca is such a sweet little girl and we can imagine our lives without her.  I have spent the week getting ready for her first birthday party this weekend.  She has been busy as ever. 
She loves climbing over and into anything she can!



Making a big mess!

Rebecca "feeding" herself with a fork. Quite often she will
cry and fuss until you give her a spoon or fork. She loves
 trying to eat all by herself.

Decorations for her party. I wanted some bright and cheery
colors, so went wtih the pink and green.


We have a busy weekend ahead! Three birthday parties to attend and my parents are coming for a visit. Should be alot of fun times. Happy weekend.
                                                                                 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment