Monday, December 7, 2009

O Christmas Tree



Yesterday after church we finally got around to decorating the Christmas tree. I have had the tree up for over a week, but was waiting for a time when we were all home and not in a rush, so we could decorate up the tree. Rachel helped me quite a bit, and then ended up get distracted with something else-ha! Imagine that! She did like going through the ornaments and asking about them- whose are they? what store did I buy them at? are there any candy ornaments that she could eat? She makes me laugh!

Rachel doing her "fashion model" pose by the tree.

As you can see Rebecca was "helping" too. She was trying her best to get into the box with all of the ornaments.



This year I scaled way back on the Christmas decor. Since Rebecca is so busy and into everything, I figured that this year "less is more". I only put one tree up, in the keeping room and decorated the mantels too. I put up two nativity sets and that is about it. I found out it is a lot faster to decorate when you only put up one treee instead of four!


Our pretty Willow tree navitiy set- thanks Mom!

We did put up a tree in Rachel's room too. Last year, I got a great deal on an all white little tree for her. I bought pink and white ornaments and it looks really pretty in her room. That tree went up the day after Thanksgiving- Rachel made sure of that!



And then on the wall over her bed, I did a little decorating too. I saw this idea in Pottery Barn teen catalog and thought it looked really cute. I already had the snowflake ornaments, so it was quick and easy to do.
I used poster putty sticky stuff and sprinkled the snowflakes along the wall over her bed. It looks really pretty, and Rachel just loves it.  The picture is kind of hard to see.




___________________________


In other news- Rebecca was looking so cute yesterday for church that I just had to get her picture.


She loves to stick out her tongue!

Today I went to the store with her and I could hear her laughing. When we got to ToysR Us, I could see why she was so happy.


She has figured out how to pull down the cover on the carseat. Now she can look around whenever she feels like it. She was SO proud of herself!
                                                                     
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Aww. How adorable. I love the tree in her room. I am going to do that next year. Going to hit up the after Christmas sales and get some decorations. yes, 1 tree is sooo much easier than more. Ha. Cute outfit and lovely smile from the little one too :)

    ReplyDelete