Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend 2014

We have a lot going on around here the past week and I am way behind in blogging about it all. My plan is start with Mother's Day and work my way backwards :)

I woke up early and went to the park to run. When I walked in the door, both of the girls were ready to give me  Mother's Day gifts and cards.
The girls picked out two gigantic cards and then Raphael printed a bunch of pictures of me with the girls and glued them inside the cards. Wonderful idea!
And a gift card to get a pedicure at the nail salon.
Rachel told me that I can take her and Rebecca along to get their nails done too.
We went to church and it was Mamapoolza.
They had flowers and cupcakes and special songs. Our church does a great job at celebrating Mother's Day. And Papapoolza is coming next month for Father's Day.
Love my girls!
After church we went for lunch at Burger 21 and then home. I took a nap and the girls played outside.
The weather is perfect so we took advantage- the girls played some more and then we roasted marshmallows and had smores.
 
 
Saturday I spent most of the day with my MOMS Club friends. Each year on Mother's Day weekend we get together for a luncheon. This year I ended up being in charge and I booked a spot at a beautiful golf course community, called The Georgia Club.
The weather cooperated ( there was a good chance for rain) and we were able to eat outside on the veranda. The food was amazing. I had the best fried chicken with macaroni and cheese.
I used an idea that I saw online and made "picture frames" out of little mason jars. I painted each one, and taped a picture inside. I colored hundreds of coffee filters and turned them into flowers. The flowers went inside of the jars and I added a little baby's breath. They were way more work than I thought, but all the ladies loved them.
The party was fun and it was so relaxing to sit outside and talk. Afterwards, I stopped by TJMaxx and did a little shopping and then it was time to go home.
 
It was a wonderful weekend!


 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment