Thursday, April 1, 2010

Birthday Girl

We made it through Rebecca's first birthday!  The past few days have been lots of fun and full of celebration and eating lots of cupcakes.
                                                              
 I wanted to make her party look girly- so I went with pink and green. I made some big tissue paper flowers with the help from Martha Stewart's website. I put them up for decorations and it looked pretty.

I also found a cute idea on a blog I read sometimes http://www.imperfectlybeautifulms.blogspot.com/. It was for a cupcake tower. I loved the idea and attempted to make one of my own. Of course it was harder than I thought and took longer than I wanted, but in the end it was pretty!



Rebecca had fun digging into her cake and seemed to like it. She didn't get very messy though.


On her actual birthday, we had special dinner and then cupcakes for dessert. That cupcake she really seemed to enjoy eating and made a much bigger mess.


And just in time for her birthday, she decided to try walking! Each day, she takes a few more steps on her own. Soon she will be a full time walker!

                                                                           
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment