Friday, December 18, 2009

Party Week

This has been a very busy week- full of Christmas parties and school activities. On Monday afternoon, my MOMS club had a party for the kids. It was lots of fun, Rachel had great time running around with her friends and eating pizza. Then on Wednesday morning, my ladies Bible study group had a brunch and gift exchange. There was tons of good food and I got the cutest jingle bell wreath as a gift. Rebecca was a great party guest, all the ladies wanted to hold her. She charmed them with her big blue eyes.

Rebecca at the party

Wednesday night was my MOMS club for "adults only" party, but I didn't go. Too much going on, and I wasn't feeling the best. I heard it was alot of fun though. On Thursday afternoon, we went to visit our local fire station. Rachel had never been on a tour or seen a firetruck up close before. It was really interesting, and the firemen were just the nicest guys ever. Rachel loved it!




Future firelady!

Then last night I went to a Christmas gift wrapping get- together. It was so much fun. My neighbor had a bunch of friends over. We all brought our gifts, paper and tape. She had drinks and desserts for us all. We talked for awhile and then we got wrapping. I managed to wrap all my gifts, and met some of the ladies in the neighborhood. I think it was a great idea, and made wrapping all those gifts much more enjoyable.

Then finally today, was Rachel's last day of school before Christmas break and her BIG party at school. Today happened to be a windy, rainy, cold day. Rebecca and I braved the elements and made it to the school in one piece. Rachel was so excited to have us there. It was a zoo in her room- kids and candy and parents everywhere. They made houses out of graham crackers and decorated with icing and candy.


                           Decorating her house and wearing reindeer ears.

Posing with her house- it was interesting getting it home in one piece!


I tried to keep Rebecca in her stroller and busy with some cheerios. It worked for about ten minutes. She could see all the fun and she wanted out-ha!


Rachel really wanted her picture with Rebecca in their pretty dresses, but Rebecca was not in the mood. She pretty much cried the whole way home and then went straight for a nap!
_________________
Lastly, Rachel's teacher had a gift for each parent. It is the cutest plate, and the reindeer antlers are the child's handprints. Rachel's teacher is just the best.


Merry Christmas!
                                                                        
post signature

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful blog!!! miss you and thinking about you! Looks like you're having fun and BUSY! I like the gift wrapping idea!!! getting together and being productive....awesome!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling me about your blog. It is so cute! Your family is beautiful. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete